I recently had the chance to chat with HeyMama about making room for bebe on my tinny apartment, the new Jonathan Adler for Fisher Price collection, my journey to motherhood and the crazy things I have done #forthegram! You can see the whole feature here.
With the cooler temperatures upon us, it’s time to store away all the floral and bright decor items and bring the cozy, warmth into your space. Nothing says cozy and warm like fur pillows, candles and chunky throws. Obviously pink is always my color of choice and it goes great with the gray and more warmer tones of fall. This pink fur pillow that I have is one of my favorites and I’m happy to bring it back into my decor. I’m also loving the chunky knit throws that I’m seeing everywhere.Here are some of spaces that are inspiring me to decorate for fall:
Below are some of the items I’m loving for this fall season, most of pillows and throws are on sale this week!
When it comes to fashion books (or coffee table books), I’ll admit, I’m a total hoarder! They are a must have when it comes to decorating my coffee table, entryway and night stand. I started collecting them a few years ago and became obsessed!
- Selecting colorful book covers is a great way to add a pop of color to your room.
- Overtime you collect books based on your hobbies and passion, showcasing them is great way to add character to any room.
- They can be used to serve as a placeholder for smaller items that you want to display on your coffee table or bedside table. I usually like to stack them in groups of two or three, but there are so many other ways of displaying them.
- I am a big fan of color coordinating books. However, if you are going for a more eclectic look, don’t be afraid to mix and match colors. Keep in mind, what other colors you have in the room so they compliment your overall decor.
- Coffee table books can get a little expensive. Hence, whenever there is a sale, I try to grab some. There is no shame in buying used ones! I have a couple used ones that I purchased off amazon and they were in great shape. Yard sales and vintage stores are also a great source for beautiful books that won’t break your budget.
- Free art! I’m guilty of framing some pages from my favorite books and using them as art.
Here are some of my favorite books:
The Pinks: I love adding a touch of pink to my room with books. One of my favorites is this Chanel book that has a beautiful dust cover in a blush pink. Still on my list to buy is this Kate Spade and “It” by Alexa Chung.
The oranges: Add a touch of sunshine with an orange book. These also go great with the classics.
I’m always on the look out for great deals, and let me tell you this is by far one of the best sales I have seen!! Joss & Main is having an annual sale with up to 70% off upholstery items. There are many great headboards, sofas, chairs and super cute x-benches at amazing prices. Here are some of my favorites:
Have a great day!
It was definitely time to invest in a decent coffee table, and after tons of research I decided to go with the West Elm Coffee Terrace table.
- The size! So much bigger than my ikea one.
- It’s super sturdy (you get what you pay for).
- It has 3 shelves, two glass shelves and a mirrored one at the bottom, perfect for displaying all my books!
- The color is a beautiful brass tone and I don’t need to repaint it.
Finally, this is a table that will go with us to our dream home. Definitely a beautiful piece that I will keep for years to come. So it was worth the investment! What do you guys think?